Adderall XR 10 mg is an FDA-approved medication used to treat ADHD ( Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder) and narcolepsy for children and adults. This medication is a central nervous system (CNS) stimulant for impulse control. Adderall XR 10 mg may be used alone or with other medications. This medication is available in both tablet and capsule forms.
Chemical Composition Of Drugs:
Drugs are pharmaceutical products containing a mixture of medicinal substances that are in a form suitable for direct use in therapy. Same as Adderall Xr 10 mg has composed of the following ingredients:
The Active Ingredient of Adderall XR 10 mg are dextroamphetamine saccharate, amphetamine aspartate, dextroamphetamine sulfate, and amphetamine sulfate. Inactive Ingredients of Adderall Xr 10mg are colloidal silicon dioxide, compressible sugar, corn starch, magnesium stearate, microcrystalline cellulose, and saccharin sodium.
Works On System:
Adderall is a combination of dextroamphetamine and amphetamine i.e. a psychostimulant medication that belongs to a class of medications called stimulants. It affects the chemical in the brain and nerves that contribute to hyperactivity and impulse control.
Adderall XR 10 mg belongs to a group of medications called stimulants in the brain by enhancing the effects of neurotransmitters like dopamine, norepinephrine, and, to a lesser degree, serotonin. Norepinephrine and dopamine are chemicals in your brain that improve attention, alertness, and behavior.
This medication helps increase your ability to pay attention, stay focused on an activity, and control behavior problems. It also helps organize your tasks and improve your listening skills.
Dosages Of Taking Adderall XR 10 mg:
Adderall XR is used to treat attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) and narcolepsy. There are two major forms are available in Adderall: Adderall IR is an Immediate-Release (IR) oral tablet. Adderall XR is an Extended-Release (ER) oral capsule form of the drug.
Extended-Release Adderall can be taken once a day with last all day. The XR version comes in capsule form and typically lasts for 10-12 hours.
Patients should always take the lowest effective dose recommended by their health care provider or doctor.
The effect of Adderall XR 10 mg for a child vary in adult and older adults. The dosage depends upon the mental and physical condition of the patient. And also the type and severity of the condition used in this medication to treat.
For ADHD ( Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder ):
Generally, Adderall XR 10 mg is recommended for children aged above 3 years. The doctor always prescribes an initial dose for children aged 6 years above and it may be required to increase according to the health condition. The maximum dose can be up to 40 mg a day for the severe patient. Adderall XR 10 mg duration should be constant during the therapy starts.
How To Take Adderall XR 10 mg?
This drug is taken exactly as prescribed by the doctor in the prescription. It is harmful to the patient if he takes medication overdose or underdoses accidentally.
The patient should remember before taking Adderall XR 10 mg are:
- Read properly the medication guide before taking it.
- Swallow the whole tablet without crushing, chewing, or breaking it.
- Take the capsule in the morning right after you wake up. You may have trouble falling asleep at night if you have taken it in the afternoon or evening.
- Under the guidance of the doctor, the patient should take it with or without food, but make sure to take Adderall XR 10 mg duration the same way each time to get a better result.
Factors Affect How Long Adderall XR 10 mg Stays In The System:
After taking the medication, it goes to the intestine for working in the system. Various factors influence how fast Adderall XR leaves the system. These can include sleep, body weight, kidney and liver function, and other drugs the person is taking.
- Sleeping Habits: Adderall XR is considering half-life. Sleep is another important aspect of life that can be affected. If the patient will take the medication at night time, it will disrupt healthy sleeping habits.
- Body Weight: Body fat and excess body weight can increase more time to process the medication in the system. In addition, people with higher body weights may need higher Adderall XR doses, which in turn can take longer to process.
- Kidney And Liver Function: Adderall XR 10 mg is primarily metabolized in the liver and excreted through the kidneys. Liver and kidney problems can affect how the drug is removed from the body. Adderall XR 10 mg in the bloodstream stays for longer periods than in the liver or kidney.
Side Effects Of Using Adderall XR 10 mg:
Side effects are also known as adverse reactions or unwanted effects that are possibly related to a drug. Every person’s side effects vary from each other. Hence, Adderall XR 10 mg shows common and serious adverse effects.
Common Side Effects:
Most patients feel some common side effects that are not dangerous to their life.
The common side effects are:
- Stomach pain
- Weight loss
- Dry mouth
- Trouble sleeping
- Lack of appetite
Serious Side Effects:
According to the patient’s conditions like age, gender, and medical conditions, the medication will affect the system. It may be serious side effects after taking the drug.
The serious side effects are:
- Rapid heartbeat
- High blood pressure
- Heart attack
- Blurred vision
- Severe allergic reaction
- Aggressive behavior
- Muscle breakdown
The patient should go for a medical check-up if he or she will experience the above symptoms.
Taking medicine in time in a proper way makes good for the result to the patient. If the patient will take the medication irregularly that leads to a missed dose. The patient should not take a double dose after missing a dose which leads to overdose.
The patient should consult with the doctor to continue with the regular dose.
When a person takes an extra dose of medicine or two doses at a time it becomes an overdose. An overdose of any medication is dangerous to the patient’s health. Therefore, an overdose of Adderall XR 10 mg has some bad effects on our health.
Symptoms of overdose of Adderall XR 10 mg lead to confusion, hallucinations, restlessness, muscle twitches, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, rapid breathing, tremor, panic, aggressiveness, muscle pain or weakness, dark colored urine, depression, tiredness, stomach pain, uneven heartbeats, feeling light-headed, fainting, seizure (convulsions), or coma.
If the patient takes the medication for a long period, he stops the medication without consulting the doctor he may some symptoms of withdrawal. The symptoms are depression, irritability, mood change, fatigue, nausea, stomach ache, and vomiting.
Substitute Of Medication:
A substitute of medication is a generic drug substituted for a brand-name drug. However, both drugs have the same active chemical ingredient, the same dosage strength, and the same dosage form. But the doctor suggests to the patient according to the patient’s health condition.
The medicinal substitutes are:
The doctor will better guide you if you have any problems face after taking Adderall XR 10 mg medication.
Medicine interaction without consulting the doctor is worsened reaction the health.
Do not take these medicines with Adderall XR 10 mg:
- Methylene blue
Do not take any other medication like yourself. It may dangerous for your health.
Food And Beverage Interaction:
Do not take these food items and beverages with Adderall XR 10 mg. Such foods are as follows
- Acidic foods
- Fruit juice
- Vitamin C supplements
Never take any of the above without consulting the doctor.
Storage of every medicine and the medicinal product is an important aspect. So, it needs to remember some points before storing any medicine.
- Keep it in a safe place where children and pets cannot reach it.
- Store the medication at a temperature between 20- 25 degrees Celsius room temperature.
- Keep it away from light and moisture with away from light and moisture.
- A bathroom is a wet place, so do not store it in the bathroom.
- Keep it in a tight container.
Warnings & Precautions:
For the initial treatment of Adderall XR 10 mg, there are some precautions are needed for the patients suffering from ADHD. These are:
- If the patient feels allergic to Adderall XR 10 mg, stop to take it.
- All the physical and mental history to your doctor without any fear.
- Tell all the information to the doctor if the patient has been drug abused in the past.
- Consult your doctor if you have diabetes, heart disease, or kidney disease. So that the doctor will recommend the exact dose and medicines.
- Using Adderall XR 10 mg while pregnant can harm the unborn baby.
- Breastfeeding mothers are advised to first consult a doctor.
You should never neglect yourself if anyone feels uneasy. Go to the doctor’s help immediately.