Strattera 40 mg is a non-stimulant medication used for adults and children with attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) and Narcolepsy. This stimulant works by affecting certain uncontrolled chemicals in the brain and helps to control hyperactivity and impulsiveness. This medication affects how people think, feel and act, including their ability to concentrate on tasks. This medication may also raise dopamine in some parts of the brain for influencing focus on work.
Work Of Stattera 40 mg:
Strattera 40 mg helps in different ways to treat patients.
- It treats ADHD and Narcolepsy symptoms.
- Increases listening ability.
- Controls mood swings.
- It is used to control hyperactivity.
- To increase energy levels
- It helps to be more attentive.
- To maintains impulsiveness.
- Manage behavioral changes.
Different Doses Of Strattera:
The dose is the amount of drug taken at any one time. This can be expressed as the weight of the drug, volume of drug solution, number of dosage forms, or some other quantity. The drug dose depends on several factors like age, body weight, gender, administration route, time of administration, environmental factors, disease condition, and many more.
Follow Instructions On How To Take Strattera 40 mg Pill:
- Always follow the doctor’s instructions while taking this medication and never stop taking it without asking your healthcare provider.
- The dosage is based on your medical condition, response to treatment, and other drugs you may be taking. Be sure to tell your doctor and pharmacist about all the medicines you use (including prescription drugs, nonprescription drugs, and herbal products). Do not increase your dose or take this drug more often than directed.
- Read the medication guide provided by your doctor or pharmacist before you start using this medication each time you get a refill. If you have any questions, ask your doctor or pharmacist.
- Generally, This medication is taken in the morning with or without food as per the doctor’s prescription.
- Swallow it with a full glass of water but you should never take it more than once a day.
- If you have a medical condition, ask your doctor before using Strattera 40 mg.
- Avoid alcoholic beverages or other drugs while taking Strattera 40 mg pills.
- Do not stop using it immediately to avoid withdrawal symptoms.
- Never share it with others without a prescription. A single dose can cause dangerous effects.
- A doctor’s check-up is essential for height and weight if it is getting used by a child.
- Avoid misusing the medication and remember not to chew, crush or break it.
- Check the expiry date before using and dispose of it expired medicine.
- Over time your doctor may change the number of doses for better results.
- Never sell or buy Strattera 40 mg online illegally. It is considered against the law.
Who Should Not Use This Medicine?
All the medication can not use by every patient. Everyone’s bodies and brains are different, so their reactions to drugs can also be different. So you should be aware to use this drug.
- Do not use Strattera 40 mg if you are pregnant or nursing your baby.
- Avoid using it if you are addicted to alcohol or drugs for a long.
- People with an allergy, a history of asthma, bronchitis, emphysema, or another breathing condition should not take Strattera 40 mg.
- Do not use this medicine if you have used MAO inhibitors like; tranylcypromine, isocarboxazid, methylene blue injection, linezolid, phenelzine, selegiline, or rasagiline in the last 14 days to avoid dangerous drug interactions.
- If you are suffering from Tourette’s syndrome, heart problems or a congenital heart defect, agitation, epilepsy or problems with the stomach, or intestines, have high blood pressure, severe high blood pressure or a heart problem, glaucoma, overactive thyroid, severe anxiety, tension, you should inform your doctor.
Any medicines used for continuing it may increase the chances of side effects. If the side effects are out of tolerance then go to the doctor and take a suggestion from the doctor.
- Stomach pain
- Pounding heartbeats or fluttering in your chest
- Fast heart rate
- Loss of appetite
- Weight loss
- Mood changes
- Increased blood pressure
- Feeling nervous or irritable
- Trouble sleeping
- Dry mouth
Ask your doctor if you feel the above symptoms.
- Signs of circulation problems – pain, cold feeling, numbness, unexplained wounds, or skin color changes.
- Men’s Sexual Problem: penis erection that is painful or lasts 4 hours or longer.
- Signs of psychosis – aggression, hostility, paranoia, hallucinations (seeing or hearing things that are not real)
- Signs of heart problems: trouble breathing, chest pain, feeling like you might pass out.
Alternatives Of Strattera 40 mg:
If the patient dissatisfies in some way with conventional treatment; they see alternative treatments as offering more personal autonomy and control over health care decisions, and the alternatives are seen as more compatible with the patient’s values.
- Dexmethylphenidate (Focalin XR)
- Lisdexamfetamine (Vyvanse)
- Methylphenidate ( Daytrana, Jornay PM, Metadate CD, Quillivant XR, Quillichew ER, Ritalin)
For all of the above medications, you should take only the doctor’s advice only.
The Doctor Needs To Know About Drugs:
Tell him if you are allergic to any of the ingredients in Strattera 40 mg.
- If you have ever had a seizure or had a history including different diseases.
- It is important to inform your doctor about all medical conditions if you are suffering from any infectious diseases, seizures, an abnormal brain wave test, anthrax, glaucoma with increased intraocular pressure or ocular hypertension, hepatitis C-positive status (Hepatitis C can cause serious liver problems), pulmonary heart disease, cirrhosis, diabetes mellitus, hyperplasia of prostate (benign prostatic hypertrophy), peptic ulcer disease, primary cardiac diseases.
- Please tell your doctor if you are pregnant or breastfeeding your baby.
- Tell your doctor if any one of your family has blood circulation problems in the hands or feet, depression, mental illness, bipolar disorder, psychosis, suicidal thoughts or actions, alcoholism, or drug addiction.
Avoid While Continuing Strattera 40 mg:
This is the most important thing to avoid while using Strattera 40 mg is drinking alcohol or taking other medications that could interact with it. The use of alcohol can lead to an overdose of this medicine, serious, harm, or death. The most common side effect you might experience is headaches and vomiting. Do not drive or operate machinery works until you know how this medicine will affect your body.
You should not exercise for at least 24 hours before or after taking Strattera 40 mg. Do not drink grapefruit juice. Avoid doing things which is good for your health. Go to your doctor if you feel uneasy.
There are some other drugs that are required to be stored at temperatures of -15C to -20C. The storage conditions are to be mentioned on the labels of the drugs/medicines.
The list of the medication to store in refrigerate is as under:
- Serum proteins
- Neo-arsphenamine and analogous substances are used for the specific treatment of infectious diseases.
But you should make sure to store this medication as follows.
- Keep the tablets in a safe pack before you are ready to take them.
- Store Strattera 40 mg tablets at room temperature, keep the bottle tightly closed, and protect from moisture.
- The quality may be low if you store them in a refrigerator or freezer.
- Keep this medicine out of the reach of children and pets. It must not give to anyone else even if their symptoms seem the same as yours.