Strattera 80 mg increases the amount of nonadrenaline in the brain. Nonadrenaline is a brain chemical produced in the body that increases attention and reduces impulsivity and hyperactivity in ADHD patients. This medicine has been prescribed to you to help you manage the symptoms of ADHD. Strattera 80 mg is not addictive.
Your doctor will inform you if treatment is started at a young age, it may be an appropriate age to control the ADHD symptoms.
It Is Used For:
It is basically intended to treat people who are suffering from ADHD and Narcolepsy. ADHD is a rare disease that causes the progressive degeneration of nerve cells in the brain. Strattera 80 mg works by decreasing the number of monoamines such as dopamine, serotonin, and norepinephrine. These are certain natural substances present in the brain which are involved with nerve and muscle function that helps in controlling body movements.
Generic Strattera 80 mg benefits include increased concentration, focus and motivation, and improvement in learning and memory.
The different patient has taken different doses according to their health condition and response to the medicine. For this reason, it is available in four different forms, as follows:
- Strattera 10 mg
- Strattera 18mg
- Strattera 25 mg
- Strattera 40 mg
- Strattera 60 mg
- Strattera 80 mg
- Strattera 100 mg
The lower dose of the Strattera is 10 mg – 25 for the child above 6 years to 12 years at the beginning of therapy. But adult needs Strattera 40 mg for the initial use. The doctor will prescribe the above doses as required.
Directions For Use:
Take this medicine as directed by your doctor or physician. Capsules are taken orally whole, with or without food with a sip of water at regular time intervals. This medication must not be opened. Do not crush or chew the medicine because it may damage in quality.
Discuss the risks and benefits with your doctor.
Your doctor will decide the correct dose and duration for you depending upon your condition. Continue to take this medicine, as long as your doctor tells you to take it for better results.
The most common side effects of taking this medicine are nausea, vomiting, indigestion, tremor, or flu-like symptoms. Contact your doctor if any of these symptoms bother you. Avoid the use of this medicine with antidepressants, as they may increase the risk of side effects.
Before Starting The Medication:
Before taking the medication every patient has not known its medical uses. Talk with your doctor, nurse, or another healthcare provider before starting a new medicine.
- Before you start taking this medicine, tell your doctor or healthcare provider if you have any other serious condition or if you have had a severe allergic reaction to this medicine.
- Tell your doctor without hiding if you have severe high blood pressure or a heart problem, glaucoma, overactive thyroid, severe anxiety, tension, a family history of heart disease or sudden death, Tourette’s syndrome, heart problems or a congenital heart defect, agitation, seizures, epilepsy or problems with the stomach, or intestines.
- Inform your doctor if you have used MAO inhibitors like; phenelzine, isocarboxazid, phenelzine, linezolid, methylene blue injection, and tranylcypromine in the last 14 days.
- Inform if you are taking any medicines for migraine headaches, serious infections, depression, mental illness, Parkinson’s disease, or prevention of vomiting and nausea, or if you are using other opioid medications, herbs, or vitamins.
- It is a full restriction if you are pregnant or nursing your baby, consult your doctor/healthcare provider before taking Strattera 80 mg generic pill. This medication affects the children your newborn baby has symptoms like reduced weight gain, sleep problems, or feeding problems.
Go to the doctor immediately if your baby or the patient experiences uneasiness after taking it.
Avoid In Taking Alcohol & Others:
There are many things to avoid while taking medications. Specially, when you are taking medications long-term. Medications are affected by food, water, stress, exercise, and much more. By following these five tips below, you will gain the benefit of your medications and avoid any potential side effects that you may be experiencing.
- Don’t drink alcohol while taking Strattera 80 mg pill, it may cause drowsiness and unsteadiness.
- Avoid eating or drinking anything that contains caffeine.
- Smoking is prohibited, it may decrease your ability to concentrate and make it more difficult for you to pay attention.
- Before or after taking Strattera 80 mg you should not exercise immediately.
- Do not drink grapefruit juice.
- Avoid driving or operating machinery works Because you feel drowsiness after taking this medicine which will affect your body.
Other Drugs Will Affect Strattera 80 mg:
The interaction of the medicines will affect the patient’s health. There are many herbal products, vitamins, pain relief, and opioid medicines which may cause severe side effects if get interacts with Strattera 80 mg. Avoid using;
- Anti-anxiety medicines or An antidepressant: Ativan, Celexa, Klonopin, Lexapro, Luvox, Paxil, Prozac, Valium, Xanax
- Medicines for Parkinson’s disease: migraine headaches, serious infections, depression, mental illness, or prevention of vomiting and nausea
- A blood thinner: warfarin, Coumadin, Jantoven
- Blood pressure medication
- Cold or allergy medications that contain decongestants
- Fruit juice, and beverages containing caffeine and alcohol.
- It should not be used together with other medicines that contain methylphenidate (such as Ritalin or Focalin). Some side effects may happen, including high blood pressure, fast heartbeat, shortness of breath, chest pain, and seizure (convulsions).
Negative Reaction Of Strattera 80 mg:
Every medicine has a drug allergy i.e. the abnormal reaction of your immune system to a medication. The most common signs and symptoms of drug allergy are hives, rash, or fever.
It’s important to remember that like other drugs, Strattera 80 mg also can cause side effects. The side effects may be common and may be severe in different patients’ cases.
- Signs of psychosis: New behavior problems, aggression, hostility, paranoia, hallucinations (seeing or hearing things that are not real).
- Signs of circulation problem: Pain, cold feeling, numbness, unexplained wounds, or skin color changes (pale, red, or blue appearance) in your fingers or toes.
- Signs of heart problems: Trouble breathing, chest pain, feeling like you might pass out.
- Men’s problem: Penis erection that is painful or lasts 4 hours or longer.
- Mood changes
- Dry mouth
- Stomach pain
- Increased blood pressure
- Feeling nervous or irritable
- Trouble sleeping
- Pounding heartbeats or fluttering in your chest
- Fast heart rate
- Loss of appetite
- Weight loss
If you are experiencing any of the above symptoms severe immediately contact your doctor.
High Dose Medication:
Taking too much medicine i.e. when you take more than the normal or recommended amount of a drug is called an overdose. Taking too much of a medicine can be very dangerous, and even life-threatening, but accidental overdoses can be prevented by consulting your doctor. Overdose on Strattera 80 mg may result in serious, harm or fatal. Symptoms of high-dose use include;
- A fast heart rate
- Fast or pounding heartbeats
- Dry mouth
- Feeling light-headed
- High blood
- Muscle twitches
- Rapid breathing
- High blood pressure
- Dilated pupils
- Muscle pain or weakness
Generally, these symptoms begin only if the medication is taken for a long time or if you use it larger amount of the medication. If you find any patient is feeling these symptoms then take him to the doctor for proper treatment.
Storage is an important aspect of the drug for reuse and safety. Proper environmental control i.e., proper temperature, light, and humidity, conditions of sanitation, ventilation, and segregation must be maintained after using this medication.
- All the medications should be stored in a dry place away from heat and humidity.
- If your medication needs to be protected from light, it should be stored in an empty container that keeps out light.
- Keep track of the expiry dates of the medications by asking the doctor to put this information on your medication. You can also put this information on a sticker on the container that you are using for the medication.
- Don’t store multiple medications in the same container, as this makes it hard to keep track of which medications are which, which doses have been taken, and what the expiry dates are.