Showing all 2 results
Valium is a medication that is used to treat symptoms of anxiety, alcohol withdrawal and also used with other medications to treat muscle spasms and spasticity caused by certain neurological disorders such as cerebral palsy, multiple sclerosis, stroke, and traumatic brain or spinal cord injury. It is also used to treat seizures combined with other medications.Valium generic name is “Diazepam” and this belongs to a class of drugs “Benzodiazepine anticonvulsants”, “Benzodiazepines”. Diazepam is thought to work by increasing the activity of certain neurotransmitters in the brain.
How to use Valium?
Take Valium exactly as your doctor has instructed. Follow the label instructions and read all medication guides or instruction sheets. Valium is available as a tablet, a solution, and a concentrated form for an oral dose. It is generally taken 1 to 4 times per day with or without food.
Don’t ever take Valium in high dosage or for a longer period without a doctor’s prescription.
Never give this medication to anyone else, especially someone who has a history of drug addiction.
When you’re taking valium with other medications to control seizures, don’t stop taking it without first consulting your doctor, even if you notice unusual changes in behavior or mood. Seizures may worsen if you abruptly stop taking valium. Your doctor will recommend gradually reducing your dose.
Take the Valium Tablet 5mg only on the advice of a doctor. A regular spoon should not be used because you may not get the correct dose. If you are taking this medication in liquid form, use a special measuring spoon to carefully measure the dose.
Below mentioned details will meet the needs of the majority of patients, some may require higher doses.
|Anxiety Disorder Management and Anxiety Symptom Relief||Depending on the severity of the symptoms—2 mg to 10 mg, 2 to 4 times daily|
|Acute Alcohol Withdrawal Symptomatic Relief||10 mg, 3 or 4 times daily for the first 24 hours, then 5 mg, 3 or 4 times daily as needed.|
|Geriatric patients or those suffering from a debilitating disease.||2 mg to 2.5 mg, 1 or 2 times daily at first; gradually increase as needed and kept under control.|
|Adjunctly for Skeletal Muscle Spasm Relief.||In a day 2 to 10 mg, 3 or 4 times|
|In Convulsive Disorders, Adjunctly.||In a day 2 to 10 mg 2 to 4 times|
What Do You Need to know before taking Valium?
- Before taking this medicine you have to take a doctor’s prescription. After that, you can use this medicine. Also, tell your doctor about your medical history particularly if you have had seizures or any breathing problem such as asthma, as well as if you have had sleep apnea, kidney disease, liver disease, or a personal or family history of substance use disorder.
- If you are pregnant or intend to become pregnant, inform your doctor. If you become pregnant while taking valium, notify your doctor right away.
- If you are breastfeeding, inform your doctor. You should not breastfeed if you are taking valium because it is harmful to your unborn baby.
- If you are more than 65 years old don’t take valium because it is harmful and not as safe as other medications for treating the same conditions.
- Consult your doctor or dentist if you are going to have surgery, including dental surgery, that you are taking valium.
- While taking Valium, some people have suicidal thoughts. Keep an eye out for changes in your mood or symptoms.
- When purchasing valium online, there are a few basic considerations to keep in mind. Before purchasing, double-check the expiration date and the manufacturer.
- Valium should not be given to a child under the age of 6 months. Do not give this medication to a child unless advised by a doctor.
- Do not discontinue Valium without first consulting your doctor. If you stop using the medication abruptly after a long period of use, you may experience increased seizures or life-threatening withdrawal symptoms.
What are the benefits of using Valium?
- Diazepam is a medication that is used to treat the symptoms of anxiety disorders such as generalized anxiety, social phobia, panic disorder, and others. Diazepam relieves anxiety by binding to the receptor cells in the brain that produce feelings of calm.
- Valium, by calming abnormal electrical activity in the brain, can help to reduce or prevent seizures. Valium can even be given to a person during a seizure to shorten the duration of the seizure.
- Diazepam works as a muscle relaxant, easing muscle tension and relieving the discomfort of contraction. After taking Valium, a user has more control over his muscles and is able to move more freely.
- Valium may be prescribed to alleviate some of the symptoms of alcohol withdrawal syndrome.
Valium is a useful, effective, and generally, safe medication when taken under the supervision of a doctor.
If your doctor has prescribed this medication for diabetes, he or she may already be aware of any potential drug interactions and may be keeping an eye out for them. Do not begin, discontinue, or change the dosage of any medicines without consulting with your doctor.
When Diazepam is combined with 1,2-Benzodiazepine, the risk or severity of adverse effects can be increased. Combinations should be managed to avoid because the threat of a negative interaction exceeds the expected benefit.
Clozapine, fluvoxamine, orlistat, and sodium oxybate are some products that may interact with this medication. If this medication is taken in combination with other prescription drugs that induce hallucinations or breathing difficulties, the risk of serious side effects such as slow breathing or severe drowsiness, dizziness may be increased.
If you notice any of the following symptoms of an allergic reaction to Valium seek immediate medical attention: hives; trouble breathing; swelling of the face, lips, tongue, or throat.
- Dry mouth
- Muscle weakness
- Blurred vision
- Itching or rash
- Sleeping difficulties
- Any other allergic reaction
Some of the side effects can be severe. If you experience any of the following symptoms or any of those listed contact your doctor immediately.
- Breathing and heartbeat have slowed.
- Loss of control over one’s bodily movements.
- uncontrollable shaking of a body part.
- Keep it at room temperature 20 to 25 degrees Celsius and away from sources of extreme heat and moisture. the container must be tightly closed and out of the reach of children.
- Keep out of the bathroom. If you’re using the concentrated solution, you should throw away the opened bottle after 90 days.
- Do not flush medications down the drain or pour them down the toilet unless it was directed by your doctor. Once this product has reached the end of its useful life or is no longer required, properly dispose of it. Consult your doctor or a waste disposal company in your area where to dispose of this medicine.
When an overdosed person faces severe difficulties, such as fainting or difficulty breathing, they should seek medical attention. If not, contact a poison control center immediately.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is valium is a sleeping tablet?
Valium is not a sleeping pill; rather, it is used to treat anxiety. Still, because they are benzodiazepines, they have calming effects and may stimulate drowsiness and aid in sleep.
If I miss a dose?
If you miss a dose take the medication as soon as possible, but skip the missed dose if your next dose is approaching. Do not take more than one dose at a time.
While taking valium what should I avoid?
Avoid alcohol and grapefruit juice because it leads to severe side effects or death could occur.
How long does it take for 5mg Valium to take effect?
Valium takes one to five minutes to take effect when injected by injection. When taken orally, the effects are usually felt 15 to 60 minutes after ingestion. The rectal gel can be used to treat seizures and starts working quickly after administration.
What colour is 10mg diazepam?
Diazepam Ph. Eur. 10mg is contained in each tablet. Section 6.1 contains a complete list of excipients. Blue uncoated tablets.
How long does it stay in our bodies?
If you’ve recently stopped using Valium, you’re probably curious how long the drug will remain in your system. The amount of time a drug remains in your body is determined by its half-life.
Valium has a half-life of 30 to 56 hours. This signifies that half of the drug will be neutralized from your body within that time frame. According to the half-life, the drug will be omitted from your body in about 9-10 days.
Do you need a prescription for generic Valium?
Valium is a prescription medicine. It is used to treat symptoms of anxiety, muscle spasm, alcohol withdrawal.
On which mode do I get valium medicine?
Buy valium medicine online with a simple mouse click. You can order this medicine at a Newlifemedix at an affordable rate. It is an approved and licensed medicine. offer you a seamless shopping experience we offer you discounts and also provide high-quality pills.
Cash on delivery or home delivery on both modes we provide our services with free shipping.
Can I pay for valium with a credit card & debit card?
So, if you don’t want to pay cash for valium, you can place an order with a debit or credit card.