The white and blue capsule Adderall XR 15 mg pill is a first-choice combinational medicine used in the treatment of ADHD (Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder) which belongs to the class of stimulants. The medication helps by altering the response of natural pain receptors in the brain to help deceive the body about pain levels.
Adderall XR 15 mg is a combination medicine of two drugs dextroamphetamine and amphetamine. This medication works on stimulants of the central nervous system. Adderall 15 mg is a common dose for children and adults. This medicine is in two forms i.e., Immediate release and extended-release medicine. Commonly doctors start treatment with a low dose such as 5 mg to 20 mg. If this medication is helpful for the patient then the doctor continues the treatment and increases the dose.
Chemicals Present in Adderall XR 15 mg white and blue capsules
Adderall is a combination of four amphetamine salts such as D-amphetamine saccharate, D-amphetamine sulfate, D, L-amphetamine sulfate, and D, L-amphetamine aspartate. Available the Adderall XR 15 mg generic color is blue and white with written Adderall 15 mg.
Quantity of Active Salts in 15 mg Tablets:
|D, L-amphetamine sulfate
|D, L-amphetamine aspartate
Apart from these active salts, there are several components that are inactively present. These inactive components usually react during allergic reactions or side effects(if any).
The Inactive components are:
Gelatin Capsules, Titanium Dioxide, Triethyl Citrate, Hydroxypropyl Methylcellulose, Triethyl Citrate, Opadry Beige, Sugar Spheres, and Talc. The 5mg, 10mg, and 15 XR mg variations also include FD&C Blue in addition to these substances. Apart from that. 20, 25, and 30 mg tablets have negligible traces of red and yellow Iron Oxide.
Work Of white and blue Adderall XR 15 mg:
Adderall is a prescription stimulant that contains amphetamine and dextroamphetamine. Both the stimulates act on the central nervous system (CNS) in people without ADHD by increasing dopamine. The medication binds to dopamine and norepinephrine receptors in the brain. It increases the chemicals in the brain that promote concentration and feeling is good.
Therefore, Adderall has a stabilizing effect in people with ADHD rather than a stimulating one.
How To Take Adderall XR 15 mg capsule?
Adderall XR 15 mg is taken exactly as prescribed by the doctor in the prescription. Any overdose or underdose can harm or not cure ADHD symptoms of a person.
Some important points to remember before taking Adderall XR 15 mg are:
- Read the medication guide before taking it.
- Take the tablet with water or other liquid.
- Before eating your food/meal, take the tablet for half an hour.
- If you are taking Adderall XR 15 mg for Narcolepsy, take it before evening.
- Take the exact dose 30-45 mins before food.
- Swallow the tablet as it is. If your child is unable to do so, break the capsule and swallow the medicine inside it immediately without chewing and then gulp the water after that.
- Have a timely health check-up with your doctors to monitor the side effects of Adderall XR 15 mg.
Any doubt about the medication please go to the doctor immediately.
Dosages Of Taking Adderall XR 15 mg white and blue capsule
The doctor checks up on the patient’s age, gender, and health condition and can decide how much Adderall XR 15 mg is for ADHD patients and narcolepsy patients.
ADHD Symptoms Children:
Children with ADHD will take immediate release, 5 mg orally twice a day and it may increase according to the physician. The maximum dose is 30 mg per day.
Adderall XR 15 mg tablet will take per day and may be increased according to the physician. The maximum dose is 40 mg per day.
ADHD Symptoms in Adolescents:
For patients between the age of 13-17 years, the dosage starts at 10 mg/day. Once the body has adjusted as per the medication, the dose gradually increases to 20 mg/day to get the best results.
ADHD Symptoms Adults:
Adderall IR10 mg twice or thrice per day which may increase according to the doctor. The maximum dose is 40 mg per day.
2 Adderall XR 15 mg tablets will take per day and may be increased according to the physician. The maximum dose is 40 mg per day.
Children With Narcolepsy:
The initial dose for narcolepsy is Adderall 5 mg orally twice a day which may be increased according to the physician. The maximum dose is 30 mg per day.
For narcolepsy children, the initial dose is Adderall XR 20 mg tablet per day and it may increase according to the doctor. The maximum dose is 40 mg per day.
Adults With Narcolepsy:
The initial dose for adults with narcolepsy is Adderall IR 15 mg twice or thrice per day which may increase according to the doctor. The maximum dose is 30 mg per day.
The initial dose for adults with narcolepsy is Adderall 15 mg tablet per day. It may be increased according to the doctor with the maximum dose being 30 mg per day.
Adderall XR 15 mg Side Effects:
This is an ADHD medicine that causes some side effects for some people. The normal side effects of Adderall XR 15 mg are headache, nausea, vomiting, body pain, dry mouth, dizziness, etc., and the serious side effects of the drug are trouble breathing, heart problems, etc. If you face any serious side effects from this medicine then contact your doctor right away.
Some other common side effects:
1. Decreased Appetite
2. Stomach Ache
3. Trouble Sleeping
4. Weight Loss
5. Mood Swings
Some other serious side effects:
1. Change in skin color
2. Numbness in fingers/toes
3. Suicidal Thoughts and Depression
4. Uncontrollable movements
5. Teeth Grinding
6. Change in Sexual Desire
7. Serotonin Toxicity
One other side effect of the medication is increased blood pressure. Though it tends to move back to normal after some time. But if the BP escalates above the safety point, immediately seek the help of a doctor.
Adderall XR 15 mg side effects might change from common to severe and vice-versa depending on the body’s adaptations to the medications. So it’s safer to contact the paramedics in case of discomfort.
Effects Of Taking Adderall XR 15 mg With Alcohol:
Adderall XR 15 mg capsule is a stimulant whereas alcohol is a depressant. These components affect serious problems in the body system. This effect can cause serious problems.
People who use Adderall XR 15 mg and alcohol together at a time are often not aware of how it affects the body. It leads to poisoning and risky behavior after taking alcohol and Adderall XR 15 mg.
Adderall XR 15 mg and other stimulant drugs carry some risk of heart problems. This risk is higher if you take a higher dosage than the prescription and when you take the drug with alcohol. Some adverse effects experience when the patient used Adderall XR 15 mg and alcohol:
- Irregular heart rate
- Behavioral issues
- Increase in body temperature
- Heart rate increasing
- Blood pressure increase
Drinking too much alcohol can lead to aggressive behavior. You should not drink alcohol during treatment with Adderall XR 15 mg.
- Bipolar Illness
- Aggressive Behavior and Hostility
- Manic Symptoms and Psychotic Symptoms(such as hearing voices, imagining things), especially in children and teenagers.
Under Dose & Over Dose:
Proper use of the medication helps increase the ability to pay attention, stay focused on an activity, and control behavior problems. But if the patient takes it irregularly or missed the dose sometimes, then he may not cure his ADHD symptoms. If the patient goes to the doctor and asks him “can I take 2 Adderall XR 15 mg” for missing the dose. The doctor advises not to take more than one medication at a time. Because it considers an overdose if you take two doses at a time and it is also harmful to the health. Taking regular medication in time helps you to organize your tasks and improve your listening skills. It affects chemicals in the brain and nerves that contribute to hyperactivity and impulse control.
Some of the symptoms of overdose are:
- Fast Breathing
- The feeling of electric shock in the body
Special Precaution In Adderall XR 15 mg Pill:
Precautions are steps to take when using Adderall XR 15 mg medications. The patient will need to take special care to reduce the risk to others. So the doctor provides special precautions when using this medication. Such as:
- Do not use this medicine if anyone uses MAO inhibitors (MAOI), including isocarboxazid, linezolid, phenelzine, selegiline, or tranylcypromine ), within the past 14 days.
- If the patient has been using this medicine for a long time and you think you may have become mentally or physically dependent on it, go to the doctor and check your health right away. Some signs of dependence may be a strong desire to continue using the medicine, or a need to increase the dose to receive the same effects.
- Withdrawal effects after quitting the medicine include agitation. It is generalized slowing of mental and physical activity, increased appetite, trouble sleeping, unable to sleep, unpleasant dreams, unusual tiredness or weakness, or unusually deep sleep or long duration of sleep.
- Sleeping pills like Ambien, Lunesta, Restoril Rozerem, or Sonata are never taken during consuming medicines without a prescription.
- This medicine may cause slow growth and development. If the child is using this medicine, the doctor will need to keep track of your child’s height and weight.
- Adderall XR 15 mg pill sometimes alters a person’s coordinational brain chemistry which makes it difficult to do simple tasks such as driving. Usually, the effect reduces itself without the need for any medical performance.
- Have a constant check on your child’s height and weight. The pills are likely to cause weight loss. If your child loses extreme weight, consult the doctor about stopping the medication in the meantime.
- The pregnant lady should especially concern the doctors as the medication can affect the baby’s health even after birth. The active salts of Adderall XR 15 mg combine well with breast milk and can enter a newborn’s body while breastfeeding.
Who are at the maximum risk to Adderall XR 15 mg tablets?
The medication could be risky if a person is already on a high pain reliever or has undergone any surgery of surgery in the past few months. People with the conditions mentioned below should double-check the side effects and extra measures before starting the prescription.
- Experience hardening of Arteries
- Any kind of heart issues
- Undergo Hyperthyroidism
- Eye problem such as Glaucoma
- Tourette’s syndrome (especially in children)
- Abnormal brain wave test
Call the doctor if any symptoms noticed of an overdose or side effects when you just started taking Adderall XR 15 mg include: aggressive, anger, confusion, dark-colored urine, fever, muscle cramps, spasms, pains, or stiffness, panic state, restlessness, seeing, hearing, or feeling things that are not there, shakiness in the legs, arms, hands, or feet, trembling or shaking of hands or feet.
Does Adderall XR 15 mg react with other drugs?
Adderall XR 15 mg pills can have some major, minor as well as moderate interactions with various drugs, food items and diseases. The interaction on a basic level depends on the body’s ability to adjust to the medication. The low and moderate-risk interactions generally fade away with adaptations but in case the effects are prolonged, be sure to consult your doctor as soon as possible.
Note: The table does not contain all the drugs/diseases that could possibly interact with the pills. Be sure to provide the list of drugs(medical and otherwise) that you consume. So that your doctor can decide on the correct medicine for you.
How to store Adderall XR 15 capsule?
- Keep the medicine at room temperature (ideally between 59° F to 86° F ).
- Do not keep the pills in direct sunlight as the heat can activate the inactive ingredients.
- Keep it away from moisture in a dry place.
- Consult your Local Waste Disposal Company or pharmacist for disposing of the medication. Do not simply discard it like a general waste.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I buy Adderall XR 15 mg online without a prescription?
Yes, at a Newlifemedix you can purchase Adderall XR 15 mg online at the cheapest rate or a with or without a prescription. Adderall XR 15 mg is used for controlling ADHD symptoms. So, do not take any dose without the guidance of a doctor. Before taking this medicine, when anyone faced any allergies to any other opioid medicine then tell the doctor about that. If you have any disease after taking this medicine then show the doctor these medicines.
First consult with a doctor, if the doctor recommended taking Adderall XR 15 mg then place an order of that pills online and get Adderall XR 15 mg price lower than the pharmacy store.
What to expect when we take Adderall XR 15 mg for the first time?
Usually in a healthy person, the symptoms of the medication are not prolonged. But often, during the start of the treatment, you may feel exhausted and even might experience light headaches.