Showing all 2 results
Methadone 10 mg$538.00 – $1,514.00 Select options
Methadone 5 mg$533.00 – $1,507.00 Select options
Methadone is a type of drug called opioids. It was created by German doctors during the 2nd world war. It is used by the U.S, doctors to treat people with extreme pain. This drug has heroin or narcotic and it is used for the treatment of pain.
It is still a good idea to have your doctor keep an eye on you while you take methadone, even though it is safer than other narcotics. Taking a long time can make habit or abuse of it is possible.
Methadone is directed as part of a treatment for addicts of opioids. It is an opioid analgesic and it eases withdrawal symptoms caused by quitting other prescription opioids.
How to use Methadone?
If you are taking methadone for pain, your doctor will direct you for it. Methadone comes in tablets, powder, and liquid. Again remember you must have a prescription to get it. The doctor will give you the dose that should work best for you. The doctor might change your dose according to your condition during treatment.
If you feel something unconscious discuss it with your doctor. Don’t stop your dose without consulting your doctor. Must follow the dosage according to the instructions exactly.
If you have nausea, you may want to take this medication with food if your doctor has prescribed it for you. Take the medication with meals, you may feel better. Ask your doctor or pharmacist if there are other ways to decrease it (such as lying down for one to two hours without moving your head much).
Remember never to chew or swallow the tablets. Dissolve the dose in 1 teaspoon or 120 milliliters of water or an acidic fruit drink such as juice. Drink the mixtures immediately.
Note: Don’t prepare a medication mixture in advance & don’t inject this medication. Inform your doctor your condition may not improve or it get worse.
Things to know before taking Methadone
It is an opioid medication used to treat severe pain and opioid addiction. Take it as a tablet or oral solution. This medication comes in a fruit-flavored drink. Methadose is an extremely powerful opioid that should only be used by those people who can tolerate opioids easily. It can have deadly effects.
- If you are taking its overdose then your prescription can lead to critical side effects and death.
- This drug can often make you lazy or sleepy. Avoid heavy or physical activity and try to do more rest.
- Have you been taking methadone long-term, don’t stop your medication suddenly or skip the dose without consulting your doctor within a few days or weeks.
- Discuss with your doctor or physician about naloxone. Naloxone is a tablet that saves your life during an overdose situation.
- If your course is complete or you want to stop taking this medication must consult with your doctor before quitting.
What are the side effects of Methadone (Methadose)?
Taking any medication has benefits and some risks also. It doesn’t matter medication works or not. You may go through some avoided side effects.
Call your doctor or emergency call if you experience any of side effects:
- Having difficulty breathing
- Chest fluttering
Over time, these side effects may subside as your body adjusts to the medication. Inform your doctor immediately if you, again and again, experience these side effects or they get worsen over time.
Common side effects:
- Mind changing
- Skin infection
- constipation diarrhea
- nausea and vomiting
- Sleeping disorder
- Hearing unusual sounds
Benefits of taking Methadone
- It is used to treat heavy severe pain, also known as MAT(Medication-associated treatment). It helps to decrease drug injecting, which in turn led to decrease HIV transmission.
- It decreases the deaths rate due to opioid dependency.
- Also, it helps to lower criminal activity that is associated with opioid dependency.
- Above 60 mg doses are the most effective in treating OUDs(opioid use disorder).
Risks and Warnings for Methadone
It can cause some serious health issues. Below discussed risk may be even higher for certain age groups. Methadone worries you, consult your doctor or pharmacist about other options.
Death from Respiratory depression
- If are taking methadone after the age of 65 or greater. May your doses change and higher doses. Due to lung disease or an advanced disease that makes their body weak.
- A high dosage of methadone can cause unevenness or slow your breathing or can put you in a coma. Never take your dose more than as directed by your doctor or pharmacist. Aware of any action while breathing, especially after a change in dose. If you face any of these types of risks make a call on emergency services.
Arrhythmia (Heart issues)
- Past cardiovascular disease, Methadone effect on heart rhythm. You have any disease history such as heart attack, stroke, faster heart rate. Discuss with your prescriber before using methadone. Go for medical help right away if you feel fluttering or pounding heart.
Avoid to Drive
- Do proper rest after using methadone with alcohol. Methadone makes you less alert and decreases your ability to focus, think, and react. It is important to be careful and alert while doing physical activity such as operating heavy machines. Until you get informed this medication affects you.
Died because of Overdose
- If you are 18 or younger don’t take more than as you prescribe. One dose of methadone is enough for a child. Keep it out of reach from children. It rises too quickly, taking it in high doses, or avoid to drink it with alcohol may be cause overdose and death.
Affect on newborn babies
- Your healthcare provider must know if you took methadone while pregnancy. You have to give your baby special care after birth to prevent deadly side effects.
Interactions between Methadone & other Medications
The drug interaction may increase the risk for serious side effects. Share your other medication list with your doctor and pharmacist before the prescription. Never change your dosage or quit without discussing your doctor.
Some products may include this drug and certain pain medications. Other medications can remove the methadone from your body, which affects on methadone works. The risk of serious side effects may be increased if you take this medicine with others. Hence, tell your doctor or pharmacist if you’re taking other drugs or products.
Methadone was tested in a certain laboratory, possibly causing negative results. Remember your doctors must know you use this drug.
How to Store & Dispose of Methadone?
You can store Methadone at room temperature and away from direct sunlight, heat and, moisture. Don’t store tablets in the bathroom. Keep medications out of the reach of pets and kids. The warning section is mentioned at the back of the tablet leaflet must read before use.
- Keep methadone in a strong container
- Keep in sealed box or container
- Reach away from children
If your medications get expired or out of use & no need to take them anymore. Flush it down in the toilet after consulting your doctor or pharmacist or ask your doctor for other options for how to dispose of it.
And you can go to a local waste disposal company.