Xanax XR 3 mg is approved by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA). Its generic name is Alprazolam which is sold under the brand name Xanax and Xanax XR. Alprazolam is the active ingredient of Xanax. It belongs to a class of drugs called benzodiazepines that work by enhancing the effects of gamma-aminobutyric acid (GABA) which is a neurotransmitter. It reduces excitability in the brain, slowing and calming it down. Xanax and Xanax XR (Extended-Release) are taken by mouth one to three times daily.
The Difference Between Xanax And Xanax XR:
The medication Xanax has 2 forms i.e. Xanax IR (Immediate Release) and Xanax XR (Extend Release). Generally, Xanax IR and Xanax XR are not different, but their mechanism of action allows them to interact with your body in a slightly different way.
Xanax Immidiate Relese(IR):
Xanax IR is taken by mouth and absorbed quickly by the bloodstream. Most people may first experience the effects of Xanax within 5 to 10 minutes of taking the pill. Almost everyone will feel the effects of the drug within an hour.
Xanax Extend Release (ER):
By contrast, Xanax XR is designed to release smaller amounts of the drug over an extended period of time. The medication effects should start reaching peak concentrations in the bloodstream in one to two hours following ingestion.
Each Xanax Extended-Release (XR) tablet, for oral administration, contains 0.5 mg, 1 mg, 2 mg, or 3 mg of alprazolam.
This formulation gives your body regular access to small doses to help manage chronic anxiety symptoms.
Proper Use Of Xanax XR 3 Mg:
Depending on the methods of administration, dosage forms come in several types. These include many kinds of liquid, solid, and semisolid dosage forms. Common dosage forms include pill, tablet, capsule, drink, or syrup, among many others.
Take Xanax 3 mg exactly as prescribed by your doctor in the prescription. Administer Xanax XR orally once daily in the morning. Swallow tablets whole without dividing, crushing, or chewing. The doctor prescribes starting oral dosage for Xanax XR as 0.5 mg to 1 mg once daily. Depending on the response of the medication, it may be adjusted at intervals of every 3 to 4 days in increments. But it should not be more than one pill daily. The recommended dosage range is 3 mg to 6 mg once daily. Occasional patients required the highest dose is 10 mg per day.
Never try to overdose, under dose, or stop immediately as it can have some adverse effects on you. One should not share this medication with people who have drug addiction problems.
Who Should Not Take This Medicine?
When you take recommended a drug, if you experience an allergic reaction, then you should stop it. Every person’s drug interaction is different from each other. The patient may experience some common or serious side effects.
The following conditions of the patient who can not take this drug, such as
- Wide-angle glaucoma
- Weakened patient
- Breastfeeding women
- Alcohol intoxication
- Drug abuse
- Decreased lung function
- Liver problems
- Weak kidney function
If your condition continues, go to medical and discuss it with your doctor.
Symptoms Of Xanax XR 3 mg Side effects:
Side effects can happen at any time in any medication. It may occur when you take new medicine or with changes in dosage, or if you stop taking the medicine suddenly. Xanax XR 3 mg may cause common or serious side effects such as
The most common side effects of the medicine include
- Lack of coordination
- Feeling tired
- Slurred speech
- Memory problems
- Disturbed sleeping
- Bad effects on kidney and liver
- Lack of concentration
Tell your doctor freely if you feel any side effects above.
Some serious side effects are such:
- Racing thoughts
- Increased energy
- Unusual behavior
- Depressed mood
- Thoughts of suicide
- Hurting yourself
- Uncontrolled muscle movements
- Fluttering in your chest
- Heart issues
- Breathing problems
if you experience any of the side effects listed above, you should go for a check-up with your doctor.
Xanax medicine is the most popular drug prescribed for mental health. It is improvement of a better life by treating anxiety and panic disorder. Sometimes this leads to dangerous situations when the patient takes an overdose.
The symptoms of Overdose such as following:
- Changes in balance and hand-eye coordination
- Sudden changes in memory
- Suicidal thoughts
- Extremely drowsiness
- The inability of consciousness
- Slow breathing
- Lack of response
You should go to your doctor or health care provider if any of these signs indicate an overdose of the medication.
If you miss a dose, take it as soon as you remember. If it is near the time of the next dose, skip the missed dose. Take your next dose next day at the regular time. Do not take double the dose to catch up.
Addiction To Xanax XR 3 mg:
When a person continues to use this medication for his treatment, he may feel into an addiction to the medicine. A person who becomes addicted, brain receptors become overwhelmed. The brain responds by producing less dopamine receptors.
Common signs of Xanax XR 3 mg addiction include,
- Excessive drowsiness
- Slurred speech
- Blurry vision
- Impaired coordination
- Difficulty walking
- Poor performance at homework or school
- Behavioral changes
- Changes in appetite
- Changes in sleep patterns
- Neglecting hygiene
- Becoming socially withdrawn
- Purchasing the drug illegally
- Inability to stop the medication
- He gets pleasure after consuming the medicine
- The patient is buying more medicine without a prescription
Addiction to medication can experience badly that affect both psychologically and physically. You should take advice from a doctor or physician.
When you take Xanax XR 3 mg for a period of several days, you may develop a physical dependence on the drug. This means that you will likely experience the drug withdrawal, or the uncomfortable physical and mental symptoms of discontinuing the drug. Symptoms of withdrawal from the medication may vary according to the health condition, age, sex, mental condition, how much the drug you have been taking and for how long of the patient, here are some most common symptoms of withdrawal from medication such as following:
- Trouble concentrating
- Difficulty sleeping
- Muscle spasms
- Rapid heart rate
- Excess Sweating
- Panic attacks
You should go for treatment from your doctor if you experience worsen any of the above symptoms.
If you begin to take other prescriptions or non-prescription products, interactions among the medicines may cause side effects as well. it can be dangerous if some specific medicines are taken with it.
Do not take any of these medicines with Xanax XR 3 mg: Norco, Oxycodone, Hydrocodone, Oxycontin, Tramadol, Codeine, Dilaudid, Gabapentin, Percocet, Adderall, Concerta, Evekeo, Dexedrine, Ritalin, Strattera, Suboxone. Ambien, Lunesta, Rozerem, Sonata, Halcion.
Prevent Food-Drug Interactions:
While medicine has its benefits, each may have side effects as well. When deciding to take a medication or supplement, always consult a doctor or physician. To ensure your safety, follow these additional tips:
- Tell your doctor about all medications you are currently taking any prescription and without prescription drugs.
- Follow directions and warnings located on the container.
- You should follow medication schedule.
- If medicine is causing you any discomfort or sickness, talk to your physician or pharmacist about adjusting or changing medication.
- Want to test your food-medication interaction knowledge ask to your doctor.
If you take prescription medication, vitamins, or supplements, talk with your doctor to ensure safe dietary habits.
Precautions While Taking Xanax:
Taking Xanax XR 3 mg medicine is safe and effective while your doctors or the physicians will provide you in safe way.
The following guidance to the patient is presented which are needed to be taken while using Xanax XR 3 mg.
- Tell freely to your doctor about physical and mental history.
- Tell your doctor if you were drug abused in the past as Xanax XR 3 mg is abusive.
- You should go to the doctor if you have depression, mood problems, or suicidal thoughts, and behavior after taking Xanax XR 3 mg.
- The patient having liver or kidney problems are not supposed to use Xanax WR 3 mg.
- People having lung disease and breathing problems are not prescribed this medication as it can be fatal.
- Keeping your medicines out of reach of children and pets. It is dangerous for them.
- You are using Xanax XR 3 mg while pregnant can harm your unborn baby.
- If you are breastfeeding mothers, first consult a doctor and follow the advice.
- The patient should not take alcohol and vitamin medications with prescribed medicine for the treatment of Anxiety.
- You never drive any vehicle or operate heavy after taking the medicine.
- You should not increase your dosage of the medicine without consulting with your doctor.
- If the medication does not work anymore you should go to your doctor and discuss your health and mental condition.
- You should not stop taking the medicine suddenly or decrease the dosage without consulting your doctor.
Get emergency medical help if you have signs of an allergic reaction to Xanax XR 3 mg such as hives, difficulty breathing, swelling of your face, lips, tongue, or throat.