Celexa 60 mg belongs to a class of drugs called Citalopram. It works by enhancing the effects of some natural chemicals in the body and activity of certain neurotransmitters in the brain. Celexa 60 mg is a very common medication used to treat anxiety disorders and depression in the USA. It may improve your energy level and feelings of well-being.
Composition Of Celexa 60 mg:
Each Celexa tablet has the strength of 5 mg, 10 mg, 20 mg, 30 mg, 40 mg, and 60 mg. containing citalopram. It has an active ingredient of citalopram and inactive ingredients are as such sorbitol, purified water, propylene glycol, methylparaben, natural peppermint flavor, and propylparaben.
Dosages Of Taking Celexa:
The dosage of taking Celexa differs from children to adults and older. The dosages of Celexa come in tablet form and are also available as an oral solution.
- The initial dose for the adult to treat depression is typically Celexa 20 mg per day, It will take once daily with or without food in either the morning or evening.
- In patients older than 60 years of age, Celexa is prescribed at a maximum recommended dosage of 20 mg per day. Because It is currently only approved by the FDA as a treatment for depression and anxiety.
Propoer Use Celexa 60 mg:
You should go to your doctor for the proper use of the medication. Read the medication guide before taking it. Take Celexa 60 mg exactly as prescribed by the doctor in the prescription. Swallow the whole tablet. Do not crush, chew or break it. Take it as a whole tablet with a glass of water. Any overdose or underdose or completely stopping it immediately can harm the health of a person.
Celexa 60 mg can also stop painful spasms in muscles, or prevent life-threatening seizures when taken correctly. For patients who take it as directed for legitimate reasons, this medication is generally safe and effective.
The Impact Of Celexa 60 mg On The Human Brain:
Celexa 60 mg contains active ingredients of lorazepam. It decreases the abnormal excitement in the brain. The medication works on the brain and CNS ( Central Nervous System) and produces a calming effect. It slows down the movement of unbalanced brain chemicals resulting in the reduction of anxiety. It works by increasing levels of the calming chemical mediator known as
Overdose And Missed Dose:
If the patient will take too much of a substance drug is counted as an overdose. Drug overdoses may be accidental or intentional. If you have taken more than the prescription amount of a drug it is a harmful effect on your body’s functions because you have overdosed.
More than 80% of patients occasionally miss a dose of their medication. The routine use of these sheets may help patients to know what to do when they miss a dose.
An overdose can lead to serious medical complications, including death. The severity of a drug overdose depends on the drug, the amount taken, and the physical and medical history of the person who overdosed.
Overdose on Celexa 60 mg symptoms lead to paradoxical reactions, drowsiness, hypotonia, ataxia, hypotension, coma, cardiovascular depression, and respiratory problem, which may lead to death.
If you will not taking medicine at the proper time and irregularly leads to a missed dose. People after missing a dose usually seek to take a double dose which leads to overdose. In case you miss a dose, do not panic. Take the dose immediately or continue with your regular dose or consult your doctor.
Celexa 60 mg Side Effects:
Celexa tablets are available in a generic form called citalopram. This medication is used to treat depression, including major depressive disorder (MDD). It is an antidepressant that belongs to a group of medicines known as selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs).
This medication has some common side effects and severe side effects after using it for a long.
Common Side Effects:
The common side effects are as such drowsiness or sleepiness, dizziness, weakness, confusion, fatigue, headache, and restlessness.
These common side effects may disappear after a week or two weeks. But if it will stick for a long time then go to the doctor and get a check.
Severe Side Effects:
The major side effects are as such lack of coordination, depression, changes in libido, memory problems, slow breathing, low blood pressure, seizures, and suicidal thoughts.
You should go to the doctor if anyone finds any of the symptoms severe.
Withdrawal Symptoms Of Celexa 60 mg:
Symptoms that are shown when any medicine is stopped suddenly or accidentally are called withdrawal symptoms. All anti-anxiety pills have their withdrawal symptoms so Celexa 60 mg has also some withdrawal symptoms. The symptoms are headache, heart palpitations, rapid heart rate, sweating, tremors, difficulty concentrating, confusion, increased blood pressure, nausea, abdominal cramps, and vomiting.
Other Medicine And Food Interaction:
Generally speaking, drug interactions are to be avoided, due to the possibility of unexpected outcomes. A drug-food interaction occurs when your food and medicine interfere with one another. Interactions of medication can happen with both prescription and over-the-counter medicines. These include antacids, vitamins, and iron pills. Not all medicines are affected by food.
It can be dangerous if some specific medicines are taken with it.
Do not take these medicines with Celexa 60 mg as follows:
Buspirone, Fentanyl, Duragesic, Lithium, Methylene blue injection, Tryptophan, pain or migraine medicines (Rizatriptan, Sumatriptan, Tramadol, Lortab, Methadone, Norco, Opana ER, Percocet, Roxycodone, Frova, Imitrex, Ultram, Zomig), Heart medicine and Blood Pressure medicine, ADHD pills such as Adderall, Concerta, Evekeo, and Dexedrine.
Other Food And Beverages Interaction:
Food items and beverages that should not take with Celexa 60 mg are as such tea, coffee, colas, chocolates, and alcohol.
Do not take these food items and beverages with Celexa 60 mg:
- Grapefruit Juice
You should remember that alcohol leads to drowsiness. So taking alcohol along with the medication can cause severe drowsiness, dizziness, tiredness, and body imbalance.
Cigarette smoking with Celexa 60 mg may decrease the effectiveness of the drug.
Precautions While Taking Celexa 60 mg:
Take some precautions before using Celexa 60 mg to cure anxiety disorder:
- Test whether you are allergic to Celexa 60 mg.
- If you have any kidney disease, liver disease, glaucoma, lung/ breathing problems, and mental disorder before taking this medication.
- It is not safe to operate any machine or do any serious work after taking this medication as it can be dangerous.
- Celexa 60 mg effect of calming anxiety in old adults. So regular check-ups must need.
- Using Celexa 60 mg while pregnant or going to be pregnant can harm your unborn baby.
- Breastfeeding mothers should not take this medication without advice from the doctor and follow the advice.
Points To Remember Before Using Celexa 60 mg:
- Store all the medication at room temperature away from light and moisture. Do not store it in the bathroom. Keep all medications away from children and pets.
- Do not flush medications down the toilet or pour them into a drain. Consult your pharmacist or local waste disposal company.
- Do regular exercise which can help lower anxiety by releasing endorphins and improving your sleep.
- You can try yoga, meditation for increasing your mindfulness-based cognitive therapy, and stress reduction.
- Drink enough water to stay hydrated, and limit or avoid alcohol and caffeine to relieve anxiety.