Klonopin is a medication that the doctor has prescribed for the management of anxiety, panic disorder, certain movement disorder, and seizure disorders. It is also used in a variety of other anxiety-related disorders and is sometimes prescribed as a second-line treatment for social anxiety disorder (SAD).
Klonopin 2 mg is used for the treatment of panic disorder in adults sometimes restless legs syndrome, seizures in adults and children, sleeping disorders, and alcohol withdrawal. One can buy Klonopin online and use it to irradicate the above symptoms.
Work Of The Klonopin 2 mg:
Each Klonopin 2 mg tablet contains clonazepam as the active ingredient and lactose, magnesium stearate, microcrystalline cellulose, and corn starch as inactive ingredients in it.
This belongs to a class of medicines called Benzodiazepine and Anticonvulsants. It is the brand name of Clonazepam and works by calming the cells, tissues, and nerves in the brain.
The following provides an overview of common side effects, overdose symptoms, and benzo overdose treatment approaches.
How To Take Klonopin 2 mg?
You should take the medication exactly as prescribed by the doctor in the prescription. Any overdose or underdose or completely stopping it immediately can harm the health of a person.
Klonopin Tablet Basics:
This drug belongs to a group of drugs called benzodiazepines.
- Oral tablets that you swallow. Tablets are available in three strengths: 0.5 milligrams (mg), 1 mg, and 2 mg.
- Orally disintegrating tablets (ODT) which is a tablet that dissolves rapidly in your mouth. ODT comes in five strengths: 0.125 mg, 0.25 mg, 0.5 mg, 1 mg, and 2 mg
Points to remember before taking Klonopin 2 mg are:
- Read the medication guide before taking it.
- Swallow the whole tablet. Do not crush, chew or break it.
- While using the disintegrating tablet (wafer), make sure your hands are dry before you handle the tablet.
- Do not push the tablet through the foil. Do not break or split or chew the tablet.
- The tablet should be placed in the mouth and allowed to melt. After the tablet has melted, drink a little amount of water.
Dosages Of Taking Klonopin Tablet:
According to the patient’s health condition, age, gender, and acceptance of the treatment the doctor applies the doses.
Dosage For Panic Disorder:
The usual dosage range of Klonopin for panic disorder or a type of anxiety disorder is 0.5 mg to 4 mg per day. The doctor advises taking Klonopin twice per day. This means you’ll wait 12 hours between each Klonopin 2 mg dose. As Klonopin makes you sleepy, you may be able to take just one dose at bedtime.
They will prescribe the lowest dosage needed to relieve your panic disorder symptoms. And from time to time, it needs to change in doses.
Dosage For Seizure Disorders:
The usual dosage range of Klonopin for seizure disorders is 0.5 mg to 4 mg per day. The doctor prescribes you to take Klonopin three times per day. This means you’ll take it 8 hours interval of each Klonopin dose.
For seizure disorders, your medical professional may recommend a strength of Klonopin that isn’t available from the drug manufacturer. For example, they may prescribe 5 mg or 10 mg of Klonopin. If so, you may be advised to take multiple 1-mg or 2-mg tablets to form a total daily dose of 5 mg or 10 mg.
For Restless Legs Syndrome:
Both the dosage and use are to be prescribed by the doctor. The initial doses start from the lower dose for the children and it may increase according to the level of the syndrome.
For children and older people, the dosage and use must be prescribed by the doctor.
Klonopin 2 mg Safe Storage:
You should remember that storage of every medicine and the medicinal product is an important aspect. After and before using this medication we need to remember some points before storing any medicine.
Points to remember before storing Klonopin 2 mg are:
- Store it at a temperature between 20- 25 degrees Celsius i.e. at room temperature.
- The medicine after using it should keep it away from light and moisture.
- Always keep it away from children’s reach.
- Do not store it in the bathroom or kitchen.
- It is not safe to keep it inside the refrigerator.
Overdose Of Klonopin 2 mg:
If any patient takes the medication more than the prescription it considers an extra dose of medicine. An overdose of any medication is dangerous to the health of the patient, so an overdose of Klonopin 2 mg also has some bad effects on our health.
Klonopin 2 mg Overdose Symptoms:
The severity of Klonopin 2 mg overdose symptoms depends on the level of intoxication. Specific symptoms observe after taking an overdose of the medication. It may include:
Extreme sedation and drowsiness: A person overdosing on Klonopin 2 mg may be felt extremely sedated and drowsy.
Mental confusion: Klonopin 2 mg slows electrical activity within the brain. As a result, some cognitive processes may feel incomplete, leading to a state of confusion and comprehension.
Slurred words: These may occur together or as unrelated symptoms.
Overdose of Klonopin leads to severe drowsiness, confusion, loss of consciousness, and slowed/decreased reflexes which may lead to death.
Go to the help of the doctor if you experience severe symptoms of overdose.
Taking medicine at an improper time and irregularly consider missed doses. You should never take this medication double dose after missing a dose which leads to overdose. In case you miss a dose, do not panic. Take the dose immediately or continue with your regular dose or consult your doctor.
Who Shouldn’t Take Klonopin 2 mg:
You should always consult with your doctor. Tell him about your medical history and work with them to find a treatment that’s right for you. People who have certain medical conditions that affect their health might not be able to take Klonopin 2 mg or need to take precautions.
You should not take Klonopin 2 mg if you:
- Have a history of sensitivity to benzodiazepines (such as Ativan, Xanax, or Valium).
- The patient has significant liver disease.
- If the patient has been diagnosed with acute narrow-angle glaucoma.
Speak with your doctor about Klonopin 2 mg and any precautions you should know about, particularly if you:
- If you have respiratory disease or any lung issues.
- The patient has depression or a history of depression.
- Any suicidal thoughts and behaviors or have had them.
- The lady who is going to plan pregnant or pregnant.
- The breastfeeding mother.
- Have been diagnosed with porphyria.
- Younger than 18 or older than 64.
- Klonopin 2 mg can increase symptoms of depression in some people.
- Test whether you have any kidney disease, liver disease, glaucoma, lung/ breathing problems, or mental disorder.
- As drowsiness is one of its side effects, one should not drive, should not operate any machine, or do any serious work as it can be dangerous.
- Klonopin 2 mg can also reverse its effect of calming anxiety in old adults. So regular check-ups must be needed.
If you have a history of depression, you will need to be closely monitored by the doctor who prescribes your medication.
Side Effects Of Using Klonopin 2 mg:
Every medicine that uses has shown its side effects. It shows both common and serious side effects.
More common side effects that might occur with Klonopin 2 mg are listed below.
The common side effects are:
- Disturbed sleep
- Muscle weakness
Note: Certain factors include other health conditions you may have, other drugs you may be taking, and your age and gender. It may affect a medication’s side effects.
Serious Side Effects:
The serious side effects are:
- Shallow breathing
- Improper body movements
- Jaundice or yellow skin
- Short breathing
- Lack of coordination
- Bleeding nose
- Racing heartbeats
- Mood change
Always you should go to the doctor if you experience the above symptoms severely.
Alternative Pills For Klonopin 2 mg:
Finding the exact substitute is not possible, but some similar medications are prescribed instead of Klonopin.
You should never take any food and beverage without consulting the doctor.
Do not take these medicines with Klonopin 2 mg:
- Sodium Oxybate
- Other drugs for sleep and anxiety
- Opioid pain or cough relievers
- Muscle relaxants
Other Food And Beverages Interaction:
Do not take these food items and beverages with Klonopin:
If you are taking any of these medications and food or beverages, speak with your doctor or pharmacist. Depending on your specific circumstances, your doctor may want you to:
- Stop taking one of the medications,
- Change one of the medications to another,
- Leave everything as it is needed.
Do not take more time if you take above any of these and feel worsens the situation, go to the doctor and tell him freely. So that your doctor will guide you better.