Levitra 5 mg round shaped orange pill are the brand name of Vardenafil 5mg, it is an FDA approved drug or pill used to treat the symptoms of ED. Levitra is an effective medication for erectile dysfunction. It is available at the Lower-cost of the generic medication vardenafil.
Taking Levitra 5 mg with certain other medicines can cause a sudden and serious decrease in blood pressure. Do not take this medication with a drug of nitrate for chest pain or heart problems. You should never take a double dose of Levitra 5 mg within 24 hours which may be life-threatening. Practicing safe sex such as using condoms is good for both partners. Consult your doctor or pharmacist for more details.
Why Choose Levitra 5 mg orange pill?
Levitra 5 mg works by blocking phosphodiesterase-PDE5 enzymes by dissolving into the blood and blocking the artery passage of PDE5 enzymes. It is an oral treatment used for the treatment of Erectile Dysfunction(ED)/ Impotence in men.
Usually, the effects of PDE5 inhibitors are consistent. Generally, a patient with erectile dysfunction comes from psychological. Levitra doses vary among patients. The initial dose is Levitra 5 mg, which is often prescribed for men aged 19-45. It takes about 30 minutes before sexual arousal. It may also prescribe for older men who are experiencing problems with their erections or for women who suffer from infertility.
The doctor usually refers to the patient Levitra 5 mg which remains effective for 4-5 hours. It is improved with arousal during that time frame.
What are the ingredients present in Levitra 5 mg?
Levitra 5 mg consists of both active and inactive ingredients. It has Vardenafil HCl salt as its active ingredient. Whereas the inactive ingredients consist of Microcrystalline Cellulose, Red Ferric Oxide, Crospovidone, Yellow Ferric Oxide, Colloidal Silicon Dioxide, Titanium Dioxide, Magnesium Stearate, Polyethylene Glycol and Hypromellose.
Forms & Dosage Of Levitra:
Levitra is available in both brand and generic versions of tablets and capsules as well as by injection. Levitra generic is a very popular drug. It is prescribed to treat erectile dysfunction (ED) for men over the age of 55. It is similar to Viagra, Cialis, and Kamagra.
Levitra’s generic drug Vardenafil is less costly than brand-name drugs.
The active ingredient in Levitra is Vardenafil and it varies on the basis of doses.
Levitra 5 mg has the active ingredient of 5 mg of vardenafil per tablet
Levitra 10 mg has the active ingredient of 10 mg of vardenafil per tablet
Levitra 20 mg has the active ingredient of 20 mg of vardenafil per tablet
Levitra 40 mg has the active ingredient of 40 mg of vardenafil per tablet
Levitra 60 mg has the active ingredient of 60 mg of vardenafil per tablet
Inactive ingredients are the same for different doses such as Colloidal anhydrous silica, Crospovidone, Hypromellose, Iron oxide red, Iron oxide yellow, Macrogol, Magnesium stearate, Microcrystalline cellulose, Titanium dioxide.
Dosage and Administration of Levitra 5 mg in specific populations:
The treatment of ED through Levitra is generally started with the basic dose of 10 mg in an otherwise healthy individual. However, the dose can increase or decrease as per the reaction of the body to it.
If an individual already suffering from the below-mentioned diseases/abnormalities/disorders are treated differently from the general population.
- Geriatrics: Patients above the age of 65 are given a 5 mg dose. This dose is very likely to not increase in the future due to the high risk of side effects.
- Hepatic Impairment: For patients with Child-Pugh B, the dose starts with 5 mg. If the response to the initial dose is found to be positive, then the dose is increased to the maximum of 10 mg.For the patients with Child-Pugh C, Levitra 5 mg is not prescribed. It can cause life-threatening side effects in such patients.
- Renal Impairment: Levitra 5 mg is not advised in patients suffering from Renal Impairment.
How To Use Levitra 5 mg or vardenafil 5 mg?
This medication is used as a supplement to help you to manage or treat erectile dysfunction (ED). Many people use Levitra 5 mg to treat ED because it is a safe and effective treatment for sexual dysfunction.
Generally, the recommended dose of Levitra is 5 to 10 mg for the ED patient. He should take about 25 to 60 minutes before sexual activity. If the patient will take Levitra 5 mg tablets with a high-fat meal, it may delay in activity. A starting dose of 5 mg should consider for patients with mild and moderate. The dose of the Levitra tablets may be increased to a maximum of 60 mg or decreased to 5 mg. It is depending on the effectiveness of the treatment and any side effects.
What are the side effects of Levitra 5 mg?
Levitra 5 mg can cause some serious as well as common effects. No matter the nature of the side effects, if they escalate to a higher level, be sure to immediately contact your doctor. The lists mentioned below do not contain all the side effects. For the complete list of side effects, contact your doctor or pharmacist.
The common side effects of Levitra 5 mg are:
- Stuffy Nose
- Upset Stomach
- Back Pain
- Redness in your face
The serious side effects of Levitra 5 mg are:
- Sudden Hearing Loss
- Ringing in your Ears
- Vision Degradation
- Long and painful erections
- Pain in jaw and soldier
- Tunnel Vision
- Passing Out
- Slurred Speech
What are the warnings and precautions to be considered while using Levitra 5 mg?
- Men with certain poor cardiovascular status should not use Levitra 5 mg. In fact, it is generally advised to not indulge in any kind of sexual activity if you do not have blood pressure in the range of 90 mmHg to 170 mmHg, undergoing unstable angina, serious arrhythmia, or myocardial infarction.
- Discuss with your doctor if you suffer from Aortic Stenosis or Idiopathic Hypertrophic Subaortic Stenosis. It is entirely possible that you might be sensitive to Levitra 5 mg tablet.
- There is a very slight chance of suffering from prolonged erections. Though the chances of prolonged erections(priapism) are slight, if not treated immediately it can lead to permanent penile tissue damage and loss of potency. Patients suffering from Angulation, Peyronie’s disease, Cavernosal Fibrosis, Sickle Cell Anemia, Leukemia and Multiple Myeloma.
- Keep a constant lookout for decreased vision. It can lead to a rare medical condition called non-arteritic Anterior Ischemic Optic Neuropathy.
- The use of Levitra 5 mg tablets does not provide protection against sexually transmitted diseases.
The pills are prohibited for pediatric males because the risk factor is fairly very high for such patients.
Addiction To Levitra 5 mg:
The Erection Dysfunction(ED) drug Levitra 5 mg becomes mentally addictive. The Symptoms of Levitra addicted man are as follows:
- A patient wants to live alone in society or any workplace.
- Blurred vision.
- A higher dosage must use to perform his sexual arousal.
- Cold Sweating after the sexual activity has finished.
You should need help from the doctor to decrease the above symptoms.
Risk Associated With Levitra 5 mg:
Every medicine has side effects for the initial uses. The most common side effect of Levitra 5 mg is a headache.
Levitra must not use in people who are hypersensitive (allergic) to Levitra 5 mg or any of the other ingredients. It must not be used when sexual activity is inadvisable, such as in men with severe heart disease.
Because Levitra 5 mg must not use by the patient:
- Severe liver disease or end-stage kidney disease requiring dialysis patient.
- The patients who have hypotension (low blood pressure).
- Patients who have had a heart attack within the last six months.
- Pregnant and breastfeeding women should never take Levitra 5 mg. In general, this medication is suggested for men with erectile dysfunction.
- Children under 18 years should never take Levitra 5 mg.
- Seniors people over the age of 65 years may require lower doses of Levitra 5 mg.
Levitra 5 mg Drug Interactions:
Talk to your doctor before starting Levitra 5 mg. Discuss your medical history with the doctor. You should never take Levitra with the following medications such as:
Nitrates: Medications like nitroglycerin, are used to treat chest pain (angina). You should not take nitrates with Levitra 5 mg, as together, It can cause a potentially fatal drop in blood pressure. When taken together, Levitra pills are most likely to activate the hypotension effect of Nitrates. It is also reactive to take the pills with nitric oxide.
Riociguat: The medication Riociguat is the brand name of Adempas a guanylate cyclase (GC) stimulator. It should not be taken with Levitra 5 mg because both drugs lower your blood pressure, and the combination may cause levels to fall too low.
CYP3A4 inhibitors: Certain medications may affect your liver process. The drugs by affecting the CYP3A4 enzyme system, change the concentration and increase your risk of side effects. The pills are reactive with moderate as well as high inhibitors such as Itraconazole, Ritonavir, Erythromycin, Indinavir, Clarithromycin, Saquinavir, and Cobicistat.
The pill should be adjusted if CYP3A4 is necessarily taken. The adjustments should be made as such:
- Ritonavir: The highest dose of Levitra should not exceed 2.5 mg.
- Erythromycin: Only one tablet of Levitra 5 mg in 24 hours.
- Cobicistat: Levitra 2.5 mg should not be taken in less than 72 hours in the case of Cobicistat.
- Alpha-blockers: These drugs are used to help lower blood pressure. It treats certain prostate conditions, like benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH). Taking alpha-blockers with Levitra 5 mg may lead to a drop in blood pressure.
- Antihypertensives: When taken with Levitra 5 mg pills, Antihypertensives are likely to increase the heart rate and decrease the blood pressure. This effect works in combination and is most likely to occur between 1-4 hours of consumption.
You should never take Levitra 5 mg with Hydrochlorothiazide, Flomax, Cialis, Viagra, Kamagra, Trazodone, Atazanavir, Dexamethasone, Imatinib, Mesylate, Ketoconazole, Isoniazid, Nitroglycerin, Atenolol, ACE inhibitors, Terazosin, Luvox, Ativan, Tamsulosin, Warfarin, Celexa, Prozac, Strattera, Opana ER, Celexa, Klonopin, Valium, Lunesta, Restoril, Sonata, Codeine.
Levitra 5 mg may also be reactive to other erectile dysfunction medicines, heart rhythm medicines, HIV/AIDS medicine, conivaptan meds, prostate disorder drugs, diclofenac, antifungals, and antidepressants.
Things To Know:
Patients should tell their doctor about all their medical conditions without hiding any things and any other medications or supplements they use before taking this medication. This is especially important if they have:
- A deformity in the shape of the penis, such as Peyronie’s disease.
- A heart condition, such as arrhythmia, heart failure, or angina.
- Hearing problems
- Some kind of bleeding problem or hemophilia.
- Hypotension (low blood pressure) or hypertension (high blood pressure).
- Kidney or liver problems.
- Sickle cell anemia, or some other kind of blood cell problem.
- Stomach ulcers.
- Retinitis pigments are a rare genetic eye disease.
- They should also tell the doctor if they have ever experienced priapism, a seizure, or if they have recently had a stroke or a heart attack.
Storage Of Medication:
Storing medications correctly is very important to the lifespan of the medicines. Proper storage helps to the effectiveness of the medication. Medications stores in the proper environment and place where temperature, light, and moisture are kept at appropriate levels. These storage areas must be clean and locked at all times because small children and pets can not reach them.
You should remember before and after using the medication such as:
- Always keep medicine in its original container with its label on it.
- Place medication in a cabinet or drawer with a lock on it.
- Store your medicines in a cool, dry place.
- Take the cotton ball out of the medicine bottle so that it pulls moisture into the bottle.
- Store the pills at around 15-30°C (59-86°F).
Safe storage of medication prevents possible poisoning accidents. Storage methods vary from medication to medication.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. Is Levitra 5 mg stronger than Viagra and its variations?
Not only Levitra 5 mg but all other variations of this medication are stronger than Viagra. It takes much less time to show its action. But on the other side, it is more reactive to the side effects.
Q. For how long does Levitra 5 mg show its effect?
Levitra 5 mg lasts up to 4-5 hours after consumption. This time period can slightly vary depending on an individual’s body. As the time increases, the effect of the medication starts to decrease. Hence it is suggested to take the pills for around 30 min to 1 hour prior to sexual activity.
Q. Can I take Levitra every day?
It is not advised to take Levitra pills every day as it can affect the chances of getting exposed to side effects. If you indulge in any kind of sexual activity, multiple times a week, then it is suggested to opt for a permanent solution.