Adderall is a combination medicine of two drugs are dextroamphetamine and amphetamine. It is commonly used to treat Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) and narcolepsy and It works on the central nervous system stimulants. Adderall 12.5 mg is a common dose. This medicine is available in the form of immediate-release form. Commonly doctors start treatment with a low dose such as 5 mg, 10 mg, 12.5 mg if it is helpful for the patient then the doctor continues the treatment.
It is an opioid medicine then it can cause some side effects for some people. Adderall 12.5 mg is a common dose of the medicine so it is rare to side effects from it. It is an opioid medicine so do not take it without the direction of a doctor. Before taking this medicine if you ever faced any allergies from any other opioid medicine then tell your doctor about that. If you have any other problems and you take medicine for that then show your doctor those medicines. You can buy Adderall 12.5 mg online from Newlifemedix.
How Adderall 12.5 mg works
Adderall 12.5 mg is used when a person is diagnosed with ADHD or narcolepsy. Adderall 12.5 mg boosts your energy level to easily focus on given tasks, reduces hyperactivity & impulsivity. Under the Controlled Substance Act (CSA), Adderall 12.5 mg is classified as a Schedule 2 controlled substance.
How to use Adderall 12.5 mg
Adderall 12.5 mg is approved by the FDA to treat ADHD (attention deficit hyperactivity disorder) in children or adults. Before taking these pills review the medication guide or your doctor has given you the medicine instructions to follow properly. Take the pills orally with a healthy drinkable drink. You can even take these medicines with food or without food as per your doctor’s suggestion. Your doctor has limited your daily doses so take them accordingly. The recommended doses by the doctors are 2-3 times a day. Your doctor has already suggested you take the first dose in the morning after breakfast or without breakfast. The next dose will be taken after 4-6 hours. If he has prescribed you 3 doses, the third dose you cannot take late will affect your sleep. Doses are not recommended the same for everyone. These doses are recommended according to their age, gender, health condition, weight.
Adderall Side effects
If you are not feeling well after using Adderall doses or you are noticing some side effects of it that you cannot tolerate, dial your healthcare provider number & get emergency help immediately. We have listed some of the symptoms of serious side effects that have been noticed after Adderall use:-
- Swelling on face, throat, tongue
- Fast or slow heartbeat, breathing problem, pain in the chest
- Behavior problem, hallucination, aggression
- Numbness, pain, cold feeling, skin color change in toes or fingers.
- Muscle pain
- Vision change
- Fast heart rate
- High blood pressure
Adderall can also affect your children’s growth. If you notice any side effects in your children, connect with your healthcare provider on urgency.
Common side effects list:-
- Weight loss
- Stomach pain
- Loss of appetite
- Fast heart rate
- Dry mouth
- Sleeping issues
- Mood change
- Mood swings
You can make an appointment with your doctor if any new side effects get noticed. Or you can directly visit your clinic or dial FDA Number at 1-800-FDA-1088.
Before using Adderall 12.5 mg dose
Your doctor may have prescribed Adderall for you but you know better which medicine will suit you or not. Here we are discussing some points which you can also read carefully before having Adderall doses.
- If you have any allergic reaction to using Adderall or their drugs you can tell your doctor before having these doses.
- If you have glaucoma
- High or low blood pressure
- Kidney disease
- Heart disease
- Have an anxiety disorder
- If you are consuming alcohol or drugs in high quantities.
- Inform your doctor if you are using any other medicines or herbal products.
- If a family member has depression, liver or kidney disease, anxiety, bipolar, suicide thoughts, or attempts.
- If you are taking Adderall in between pregnancies, you can face premature birth, weight loss in the baby, & withdrawal symptoms in the premature baby. Before using Adderall tell your doctor if you are pregnant or planning to become pregnant.
- If you are using Adderall do not feed your baby during the medicine time. This drug can pass through the milk & can harm your baby.
- This drug is not recommended for under the age of 3 years old children.
Adderall doses for adults & children with ADHD & narcolepsy
Adderall is mainly used to treat ADHD or narcolepsy. You can take these doses 2-3 times as per your doctor’s suggestion. These doses depend on person-to-person medical conditions.
Adderall doses for ADHD:-
- For children aged 3-5 years: the starting dose is 2.5 mg twice a day to a maximum of 40 mg dose per day three times a day by mouth in every 4 to 6-hour interval.
- For children age 6 and above: the starting dose is 5 mg in the morning orally. The maximum dose is 5 mg to 40 mg twice daily. You can take these doses 2-3 times once a day or split them into two parts.
- Adult & children above 12 years old:-You can have a 10 mg daily dose by mouth every 4-6 hours 2-3 times once a day. The maximum daily doses recommended by the doctors are 5 mg to 60 mg
Adderall doses for Narcolepsy:-
- 6-12-year-old children:- children can have 5 mg daily doses in the morning by mouth 2-3 times once a day. The maximum daily doses are 5 mg to 60 mg per day.
- Adult & children above 12 years old:- The daily recommended doses 10 mg in the morning through mouth 2-3 times once a day. The maximum daily doses are 10-60 mg.
Adderall Doses & strength:-
Adderall medicine is used in the treatment of ADHD & narcolepsy. This medicine is known as a drug stimulant that affects the brain & creates calming effects in the brain. Adderall comes in 2 varieties one is an immediate-release form and another is an extended-release form. Both are used in ADHD & narcolepsy. Both the immediate & extended-release forms have some different strengths which we will discuss here:-
- Immediate-release form doses- this form has multiple doses 5 mg, 7.5 mg, 10 mg, 12.5 mg, 15 mg, 20 mg, 30 mg.
- Extended-release form dose- this form has multiple doses 5 mg, 10 mg, 15 mg, 20 mg, 30 mg.
Adderall Immediate Release doses colors & shapes
- 5 mg- it is white in color & round shape. It is mentioned as One side AD & another side 5
- 7.5 mg – it comes in blue color & Oval Shape. Imprinted as AD 7.5.
- 10 mg – it has blue in color & round in shape. Imprinted as AD 10
- 12.5 mg – this dose has a peach color with a round shape. It is printed as DP 12.5
- 15 mg- this dose has a peach color with a round shape. It is printed as DP 12.5
- 20 mg- This strength color is Orange with a round shape. Printed as AD 20
- 30 mg- This strength color is Orange with a round shape. Printed as AD 20
Adderall Extended releases doses colors & shapes
- XR 5 mg- it is blue & capsule-shaped. It’s imprinted as Adderall XR 5 mg
- XR 10 mg- it comes in blue color & capsule shape. It’s imprinted as SHIRE 381 10 mg
- XR 15 mg- it has a blue & white color & is capsule-shape. It’s imprinted as Adderall XR 15 mg
- XR 20 mg- This dose comes in an Orange color & capsule shape. It’s imprinted as Adderall XR 20 mg
- XR 25 mg- This medicine has an Orange color & capsule shape. It’s imprinted as Adderall XR 25 mg
- XR 30 mg- This dose comes in an Orange color & capsule shape. It’s imprinted as Adderall XR 30 mg
FAQ About Adderall 12.5 mg
What Adderall does do to a normal person?
If a normal person consumes this medicine. They can suffer from high blood pressure, which makes your blood vessels narrow, or a fast heartbeat. There are chances that your toes & fingers can be turned into blue or red color or you can feel numbness in your toes or fingers.
Adderall for students
Students who have ADHD & who don’t have ADHD both are taking Adderall or other stimulants to upgrade their marks. Many researchers have found that there is no such evidence that proves that Adderall improves grades without doing any hard work. Also, researchers have pointed out that if a college student or school student has ADHD they can even not improve their grades without doing any hard work.
Adderall who takes
Adderall is also prescribed for children who are 3 years or older. FDA has approved immediate releases from medicine for children who have ADHD. The Adderall XR is approved by the FDA for children who are above 6 years old. If doctors find narcolepsy in children, they can prescribe Adderall XR for those who are above 12 years old.
Can Adderall make you lose too much weight?
Yes, a person who is using Adderall can lose weight by using Adderall medicine. When you use Adderall, its component amphetamine & dextroamphetamine reduce your hunger level & increase metabolism. That is the reason you eat less & burn your calories. Adderall is also associated with weight loss in young children.
When Adderall is needed
If a person who is experiencing ADHD symptoms has less focus, easily gets irritated, has behavior problems, cannot concentrate on a task, talks without thinking, cannot wait for their turn, etc. Adderall works on the brain & produces calming effects in the brain. By which a person can control his hyperactivity, impulsiveness, easily focus on a task, control behavior problems.